Student Missing from Grades

Jump to solution
ChristopherLong
Community Member

I have a student who is on my roster and enrolled in the course but does not show in grades or speed grader.  Anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@ChristopherLong That is a really good question.  I can only think of two things that would cause this and if it is not either of those, it may be best to reach out to Canvas support.

First option, if you look at the "People" area of the course, is the student still active?  If he/she has been deactivated (which could come from a sync with your Student Information System SIS) then they will get removed from the gradebook.  

Second Option, are they by chance registered to a different section than the other students (this will also show in the "people" area).  If so, make sure you do not have any view settings/filters on your gradebook that would not show his/her section.  I would also just make sure you do not have any view filters on period to eliminate that as the reason.

If you do have filters on, those do affect what shows in SpeedGrader so the fact you do not see the student in the gradebook is the reason you do not see them in SpeedGrader.

Good Luck!

-Nick

View solution in original post