cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystal_twaddel
Community Participant

Student Presentation Submissions

Jump to solution

I need students to submit presentations to the course for both the instructors and other students to be able to view.  How do I set that up in Canvas to be able to have students submit the file and make the entire file viewable to all students?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @crystal_twaddel  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community!  I see you joined back in March, but this appears to be your first participation...so welcome!

The only way to do something so that all students can see something is through a Discussion Topic.  I might recommend something along these lines:

That's pretty much it.  Your next step, of course, is to grade the actual student submissions.  What some instructors will do in similar circumstances is set up both an online assignment for students to submit "privately" to the instructor (and so that you can grade and comment on them), and then also require students to upload it as an attachment to a coursewide Discussion.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @crystal_twaddel  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community!  I see you joined back in March, but this appears to be your first participation...so welcome!

The only way to do something so that all students can see something is through a Discussion Topic.  I might recommend something along these lines:

That's pretty much it.  Your next step, of course, is to grade the actual student submissions.  What some instructors will do in similar circumstances is set up both an online assignment for students to submit "privately" to the instructor (and so that you can grade and comment on them), and then also require students to upload it as an attachment to a coursewide Discussion.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post