Student Quiz

Jump to solution
maranbarmaranba
Community Novice

I want to add a new quiz assessment on Canvas for my class but I want to make sure they do not search answers on google or any other platform. Does canvas allow me to record what students are typing on and off of the canvas page (such as the internet) and also can I see when they access the internet?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Maran,

Canvas itself does not have this capability.  There are logs (How do I view a quiz log for a student? ) which would help indicate if a student leaves the quiz, but it would have no way of being able to tell you if student was looking up answers.  

3rd party tools which would requiring licensing do provide some of the features you are asking about.  Respondus Lockdown Browser will lock students into a special web browser which prevents them from doing other things on that computer, and also has an optional Monitor feature which records audio and video from their web cam https://web.respondus.com/he/lockdownbrowser/

Other companies such as ProctorU, Examity and Honorlock (just naming a few and not endorsing) provide remote proctoring as well by either live or automated services.

Hope that helps,

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes