Student View of New Quizzes

Jump to solution
cvera1
Community Participant

I remember being able to take a New Quizzes Assessment in "Student View" in Canvas. Now when I try to do that, I see the message "The Quiz is no longer available as your enrollment has been concluded". I know that student view was not available for New Quizzes for a period of time, then it was available and now it is gone. I am aware that we can use the preview feature and have made that recommendation to faculty inquiring about this. I just want to make sure if this functionality was disabled recently? Thank you!

-Cryssel

studentviewNQ.jpg2021-10-18_16-28-38.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was having the same issue with the Student View and received the same error message: The quiz is no longer available as your enrollment has been concluded.

When I looked at the Canvas FAQs section I found this:

Q: Why does Canvas Student View make New Quizzes act like a student accessed the quiz?

We plan to resolve this in the future. Canvas and New Quizzes are separate applications and do not share a common database. They communicate using the LTI standard, which does not have the concept of a fake user.

While I am not convinced of not having the ability to access the quiz in the Student View, Canvas mentioned they plan to resolve this in the future. Looking forward to the Student View feature in New Quizzes as Quiz Preview might work as a workaround, but it has its own limitations and all Quiz Settings are not applicable when previewed.

Hope this helps!

Pallavi

View solution in original post