cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoodd
Community Participant

Student help ticket

Jump to solution

If a student submits a help ticket how will the be notified?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@hoodd , there isn't a single answer for your question, because how the student is notified depends on how an institution has set up its support process for students. The default method students use to get help with Canvas is outlined in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? If the school's support process is to have students click on the Report a Problem option with those cases then going directly to Canvas Support, the student will receive responses and progress updates, if any, sent from Canvas Support to the email address associated with the student's Canvas account. However, many schools opt to handle tickets locally in order to triage them, and when that's the case the department at the school responsible for providing that support will have their own process in place for responding to the student. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hoodd
Community Participant

Let me clarify....How will the student be notified of an answer.  Thank you.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@hoodd , there isn't a single answer for your question, because how the student is notified depends on how an institution has set up its support process for students. The default method students use to get help with Canvas is outlined in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? If the school's support process is to have students click on the Report a Problem option with those cases then going directly to Canvas Support, the student will receive responses and progress updates, if any, sent from Canvas Support to the email address associated with the student's Canvas account. However, many schools opt to handle tickets locally in order to triage them, and when that's the case the department at the school responsible for providing that support will have their own process in place for responding to the student. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post