Student is unable to login through computer.

Jump to solution
dnewcomb
Community Novice

Hello everyone,

I have a student that claims is unable to login to Canvas from a computer but has no issue logging in with their phone.  As I was trying to troubleshoot the issues she sends me an email that says they can now login with their tablet but now they can't login through their phone.  This leads me to think that Canvas has some sort of security set in place that prevents multiple logins on multiple devices at the same time.  Am I correct in this instance?  It seems to be the only thing that makes sense.  It would be great for reducing the methods of cheating and hacking potential.  I am still trying to figure out as the admin for my institution, but if someone has encountered something similar, I would appreciate the input.

1 Solution

Hi Mike,

Thanks for replying to my question.  No we don't have anything else besides Canvas.  As far as error messages, I have asked the student to let me know if any showed up and got nothing.  I am sort of approaching this blindly.  The problem this student has allows them to log on with one device with no problem and then when they go to a different device they are unable to log in at all.  

David

View solution in original post

0 Likes