tsigers
Community Novice

Student log on activity report

Hello this is Tracey Sigers, I am the Director of Information Technology Services for our charter school district, my team and I are looking for a way to pull out an daily activity log for student participation  or daily student login. I did look into the New Analytic feature which is helpful but I am looking for a way to pull one report.  Any ideas would be so helpful.  Thanks 

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Coach Emeritus

Hi  @tsigers 

I am going to share your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group where there is expertise in this area.

Kelley

0 Kudos

How about trying :

https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/users.html#method.page_views.index

Users - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation<https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/users.html#method.page_views.index>

The user UUID will display the destination_users uuid, and when getting the uuid from an api that is in a context that was recorded from a merge event, an additional attribute is added as past_uuid. When finding users by SIS ids in different accounts the destination_account_id is required.

canvas.instructure.com

See attached where the call returns a USER. The user object includes "last login"

Terence Gleason MS, MEd

Educational Technology Coordination and Training

LMS Coordination and Management

tgleason@cypresscollege.edu

Sorry here is a screen shot

Terence Gleason MS, MEd

Educational Technology Coordination and Training

LMS Coordination and Management

tgleason@cypresscollege.edu

0 Kudos
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi TRACEY,

Depending on the amount of information you're looking for you may be able to use some of the built in admin reports‌, without having to call an #api‌ for each student in every course.

The ones that come to mind are:

1. last user access‌ - Shows the last time a user logged in
  2. student submission‌ - Shows the last time a student submitted any type of graded assignment
  3. last_enrollment_activity_report‌ - Shows the last time a student did an enrollment activity.
0 Kudos