cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dar119
Community Member

Student submissions not showing up on Canvas Teacher iPad app

I have three sections of a class merged into one class on Canvas.  I have several homework assignment for which students submitted PDF scans of their written work for me to mark up and grade.  When I use the Canvas Teacher app on my iPad Pro, I get a message that "28 need grading" but only 26 student submissions show up. I cannot find the other two students anywhere.  If I click on their names from "People" on the iPad Canvas Teacher App, I can see that these two students have submissions that need grading, but when I click on their submissions, I get a message "it seems that there isn't any valid submission to grade".  However, when I access the same homework assignment through the SpeedGrader app on a web browser on my desktop computer, I can see the submissions for these two students just find, and their submitted files are valid PDF files which I can view and mark up through the WebBrowser SpeedGrader just fine.  I just cannot see these students' submission on the Canvas Teacher app on my iPad Pro.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dar119 ,

First, I want to apologize for your question sitting in the community for so long without a response.

Second, it looks like you have stumped the Canvas Community.  Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

0 Kudos
michelle_mcgeou

I have the same issue. All students were directed to submit their assignment in a pdf file. Three of the submissions are behaving in the way you describe. Not sure what to do about it other than carry a laptop around, so that I don’t have this issue.

0 Kudos