cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students can't see comments written by instructor in Speedgrader

Jump to solution
rpp6
Community Member

My students are telling me that they cannot see the Comments I'm posting in Speedgrader, even though I see them and I know that I hit Submit (the comments are date and time stamped). I see that other people have commented on this on this message board, but my case, seems unique in this is not an issue of the students not knowing where to look to find the comments. I sent students this link https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-view-annotation-feedback-comments-from-my-...and ithey still don't see the comments.

One thing it says is that the Instructor is "working on grades". This assignment is set as graded, though the grade is for 0 points and does not count toward the final grade (I checked these boxes). In the Speedgrader window, I entered a 0 (below "Hidden"). I would have set this assignment up with the non-graded option, but that didn't allow me to select file types for upload.

Please help if you can.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
de_millington
Community Contributor
"Your instructor is working on grades. While your instructor is working on grades, grade and comment information is unavailable."

For your students to see the grades, you most post them. In the Gradebook column header for the assignment, you will see an image of an eye with a diagonal line. That means an instructor has selected to hide the grades. From the ellipsis to the right of the assignment name in the column header, you can select Post grades, then select one of the options to post the grades to everyone or only the ones the instructor has graded.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
de_millington
Community Contributor
"Your instructor is working on grades. While your instructor is working on grades, grade and comment information is unavailable."

For your students to see the grades, you most post them. In the Gradebook column header for the assignment, you will see an image of an eye with a diagonal line. That means an instructor has selected to hide the grades. From the ellipsis to the right of the assignment name in the column header, you can select Post grades, then select one of the options to post the grades to everyone or only the ones the instructor has graded.
0 Likes

Yes, this was the issue. Figured it out shortly after posting but thank you for the quick reply.

0 Likes
de_millington
Community Contributor

0 Likes