Students can't see group appointments for which they've signed up on Calendar (instructor)

Jump to solution
minteris
Community Member

I created groups in my Canvas course and created group appointment slots on the calendar for the course. Each group has successfully signed up for a slot. The issue is that students cannot see on their own Canvas calendar which slot they've signed up for so I've gotten emails from students asking me to verify that they signed up successfully and for which time slot. I can see which group has signed up for each slot just fine.

The student sent me screen shots: the correct calendar for the course is checked (on the right-hand side menu). He tried selecting "Find Appointment" but that doesn't work either, as that just shows additional open appointment slots. This student is definitely assigned to a group in the course and is actually the student who signed up for the slot on behalf of his group.

What needs to be done so that he can see on his Canvas calendar his and his group's appointment time/date with me? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @minteris,

To view group calendar items, students will need to click the Calendar icon in Global Navigation and select the checkbox for their student group (not just the course). Or, if students would like to view the group calendar from their group, they can follow the steps in this doc: How do I view a group calendar? Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. 

Naomi

View solution in original post