cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bo_brinkman
Community Member

Students can't tell which assignments they have completed/submitted?

Jump to solution

My students often get confused about which assignments they have completed, and forget to turn things in, because they think they already turned it in. Where can they look to see, at a glance, which items are complete and which are not? I expected the Modules view and the Syllabus view to use color-coding to show this, but it doesn't. So far the only thing I can think to tell them is to check the TODO list.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bo_brinkman ​, the "to-do" list will help, but something else they can check (as long as they are submitting assignments in Canvas) is Grades. Under "Score" (in student view) it will show if something has been submitted (but not graded yet) to an Assignment. If you're using due dates the students could also check the calendar - it won't show if they've submitted the assignment, but they could go to a specific week and click on the name of the assignment and see if anything was submitted; this would actually work for the Syllabus as well.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bo_brinkman ​, the "to-do" list will help, but something else they can check (as long as they are submitting assignments in Canvas) is Grades. Under "Score" (in student view) it will show if something has been submitted (but not graded yet) to an Assignment. If you're using due dates the students could also check the calendar - it won't show if they've submitted the assignment, but they could go to a specific week and click on the name of the assignment and see if anything was submitted; this would actually work for the Syllabus as well.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post