Students cannot navigate embedded videos

Jump to solution
c_brennan
Community Member

When I embed a video that is stored in my Canvas Files by copying the link from the file directory, my students cannot move the cursor to jump backwards or forwards in the video.  When I embed a video stored in Files by copying the address while the video is playing, they can...but the video expires after a day or so and they can no longer view it at all.

When I upload the videos directly into the page after downloading them onto my computer, I cannot control the size of display at all and have them fit into my lesson the way I would like.

Is there something I am doing wrong?  Why do the controls not work on videos stored in Canvas itself?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @c_brennan ...

The process you've outlined to share videos with your students in your course doesn't sound like the most efficient way to be doing this  Have you considered using one of these Guides (depending on which version of the Rich Content Editor you are using)?

I hope these Guides will be of help to you, Corinne.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes