cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bturney
Community Participant

Students downloading Attached Comments in Speedgrader

Hi Community

One of our educators has attached a file with comments in speedgrader but the student cannot see if to access/download.

I have tested it as acting as a user and can confirm that the file isn't available - but it is as a teacher, it is there in plain sight.

Does anyone have any tips on how we can;

1. make this accessible to the student and/or

2. how they can find it.

Many thanks in advance.

Brad.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bturney .  This seems strange and it may be something that Support needs to look in to, maybe to just review all the settings to see what could be happening.  One thing that I have noticed is that if the comment/attachment is made while the assignment is muted, the instructor will see the attached file but the student will not.  I'm not sure if that is what may be what is happening in your situation.  It never hurts to try in another web browser (such as Chrome and Firefox) as well.  

Hopefully if someone else has found situations where this occurs, they reply as well.

All the best!

bturney
Community Participant

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your quick response.

I've tried a few browsers - no joy.

The assignment isn't muted.

If I have no luck, I may well email support and see if there is possibly a glitch.

Thanks

Brad.

No problem!  If you contact Support and find out what is going on, please let us know  @bturney .  It would be good to know what issues students may run in to and how to fix them.  We often have students look at SpeedGrader and not realize that they have to click the "view feedback" button to see their submission and any markup done directly on this document by the instructor, but I have not heard of any issue with accessing attachments so far.  With our semester ending in a few weeks it would be good to know why some may!

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bturney .  I thought I would check in and see if you had contacted Support or otherwise found the cause of the problem you reported.  If so it would be great to know what fixed the issue! I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.

All the best!