cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily
Community Champion

Students drawing on images for assignments

Jump to solution

We have several assignments, currently on paper, where there's a diagram of teeth that students have to annotate by hand (circling cavities, sketching wear patterns, etc.). This has to be fairly detailed - just plunking an arrow or clicking on one point won't do it.

Does anyone know of software that will let us give students a blank diagram that they can annotate, then upload for grading? If students could use Crocodoc on their own assignment, that could work...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@emily ​, this is actually possible in Canvas Smiley Happy--but currently, only through the Canvas mobile app. :smileyplain:  Students can open the file either from a link in assignment details or within course files, leave annotations, and submit the annotated file Please refer to these guide links:

How do I submit a PDF assignment with annotations in the Canvas app on my iOS device?

How do I submit a PDF assignment with annotations in the Canvas app on my Android device?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@emily ​, this is actually possible in Canvas Smiley Happy--but currently, only through the Canvas mobile app. :smileyplain:  Students can open the file either from a link in assignment details or within course files, leave annotations, and submit the annotated file Please refer to these guide links:

How do I submit a PDF assignment with annotations in the Canvas app on my iOS device?

How do I submit a PDF assignment with annotations in the Canvas app on my Android device?

View solution in original post

emily
Community Champion

Mobile-only isn't optimal, but wow...this might save my life! Thank you!