cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schappell
Community Member

Students moving to cross-listed section

Jump to solution

This is a hypothetical that was brought up by one of my teachers that is a real possibility at this school.

If a student is enrolled in 1st Period Math I, and gets moved in SIS to 3rd period Math I, what happens to the grades for that student in their original section?

The sections are cross-listed. All have the same assignments. Do the grades transfer, remain in the original section, or disappear?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clong
Community Champion

Hi  @schappell ​,

The details may depend on how your SIS to Canvas integration is configured, but the bottom line is the grades and assignment submissions are tied to the course and as long as this does not change then everything should remain intact even if period 3 was cross-listed from a different course as long as it's in the same course now. See below

97292_pastedImage_0.png

However, if you were moving the student to a section in a different course, only her enrollment would be transferred as in the case below.

97294_pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
clong
Community Champion

Hi  @schappell ​,

The details may depend on how your SIS to Canvas integration is configured, but the bottom line is the grades and assignment submissions are tied to the course and as long as this does not change then everything should remain intact even if period 3 was cross-listed from a different course as long as it's in the same course now. See below

97292_pastedImage_0.png

However, if you were moving the student to a section in a different course, only her enrollment would be transferred as in the case below.

97294_pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@clong ​ this is awesome!!!!!

schappell
Community Member

That is great news. Thanks!

Sent from my mobile device.

On Sep 5, 2015, at 12:45 PM, clong@hbuhsd.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>