cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
humankindeducat
Community Participant

Students unable to register

Jump to solution

Since yesterday, none of my new students have been able to register for Canvas accounts. When they enter their information on the registration page and click "start" nothing happens at all. I tried to register a test student with the same result. I've been using the platform for 2 years and have never experienced this and haven't changed any settings. The problem is with all of my classes, not just one. Students who are already in courses have been able to log in. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Erin. Please take a look at Chris Rolwes post below this one. He shared a video of what is happening. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
safedrivered
Community Member

In Erin's response above, she suggested using the URL signup.  That sign up seems to be working.  I was able to create a phantom student account and it allowed for the registration to the course.  Instead of creating an account, try that other way of signing up for a course.  Hope this helps you all.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
16 Replies
djackson
Community Team
Community Team

Hi,  @humankindeducat ‌,

Thank you for submitting your question! Unfortunately, most of us in the community do not have access to your Canvas instance. But because it does seem to be a backend issue, I suggest contacting Canvas support and seeing what they can do to help you! Here is a guide that walks you through how to get Canvas help: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Best,

Danielle

kach
Community Member

I have the same problem

humankindeducat
Community Participant

Really? Did it just start recently? I've spent the past two days answering frustrated emails from parents and students. I submitted a support ticket, but it usually takes forever to hear back. I hope this corrects itself.

Yes, thank you. I already submitted a ticket. Thought I would check here to see if anyone else is having the problem.

Yes, started recently. The tech staff at my University have contacted Canvas.

safedrivered
Community Member

I am having the same issues.  I have had two students report this to me and when I tried to create an account for them I had the same problem. 

This is frustrating. This is day 3 and I'm getting constant emails about it. I have a free for teacher account and when I put in a support ticket, I never get a response. 

humankindeducat
Community Participant

Please share when you get a response! I have a free for teacher account and don't get responses from Canvas when I put in a ticket. 

safedrivered
Community Member

I am still having the same issue.  Has anyone had this resolved?  Is there anyone we can talk to?  I've filled out a job ticket.  I also cannot find anything in the Canvas guides about this.