Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamanthaBull

Studio Screen recording help

Jump to solution

Hello I am having trouble with canvas studio screen recording. I have the screen recording downloaded and everything works fine but when I go to screen recored it records only my home screen and not my powerpoint screen which is what I need recored. I have the powerpoint screen within the recording box but nothing seems to work. 

Thank You 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @SamanthaBull 

I am sorry to hear you were having trouble with your screen recording! Some times uninstalling the screen recording tool and then adding it back will help to fix situations like that in my experience.

Also be sure that you are following the steps in the guide here and that you are setting up the screen options for the one you want to record.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @SamanthaBull 

I am sorry to hear you were having trouble with your screen recording! Some times uninstalling the screen recording tool and then adding it back will help to fix situations like that in my experience.

Also be sure that you are following the steps in the guide here and that you are setting up the screen options for the one you want to record.

JesusMathis

I think that for recording the screen when working with Canvas, just the basic ability to record everything that happens on your device's screen is better suited to you. Next, you can use the video editor to edit the process of drawing and creating images in Canvas. I used to use this useful application for this http://www.movavi.com/screen-recorder/. Maybe you've heard of Movavi video editor, in which there are all the handy functions used that even professional video file editors need. For example, this program has a Screen Recorder function perfect for your purposes. I record videos in which I draw in this program with my stylus.