Studio analytics

Jump to solution
JenH1
Community Member

The directions for Studio Insights assume that you have a very small list of class participants, so that you can see the participant tile and the graph at the same time.  If you have a larger list, with a hundred or so rows of user tiles, you can't see the user and the analytics graph at the same time, making use cumbersome. Is there a way to export or display a LIST of users by time increments instead?  ie:  Those who watched the first minute, those who watched to the second minute, etc...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @JenH1 ...

I don't know of many other ways to get data from your Studio videos.  The "Insights" section is about the only thing I can think of where you can look at data and I'm not sure if there are any ways on the back-end of Canvas to get additional details for Studio videos.  You mentioned that there is a lot of scrolling in the "Insights" section when there are lots of students.  I actually have a Feature Idea created for this called Scrolling through Studio Insights - Canvas Community.  You might want to read through that, rate it, and post a comment.  Also, I found these two other Feature Ideas that might be related to what you are asking for in Studio: Studio Analytics - Canvas Community and Studio: Improved Student Insights/Analytics - Canvas Community.  If you feel that any of these Feature Ideas align with things you'd like to see in Canvas, you might want to rate and comment on those, too.

I know this might not completely answer your question, but I hope that it might help to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post