cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helena_borgqvis

Studio: video disappeared in editing mode

Jump to solution

Hi!

Is it possible to rescue a video that suddenly disappeared when it was in editing mode? Perhaps there is a temporary file that saves somewhere on my computer? I would be so happy if my recording could be found....

Kind regards

Helena Borgqvist (Lund University)

helena.borgqvist@nateko.lu.se

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting back to me so fast and please forgive my late reply to you! I managed to find video again. I am so happy for that.

Kind regards

Helena

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @helena_borgqvis ...

Can you please provide some more detail by what you mean in "editing mode" within Studio?  Were you creating an original video on your own via the "Record" >> "Screen Capture" option at the top right corner of the Studio dashboard in Canvas?  If so, there's a really indirect way to get back to those videos, but I believe you need to be using the same computer that you were using when you first were working on the video...as the file is saved locally...at least that's been my experience.  Here' s a Feature Idea I had submitted a while back, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12450" modifiedtitle="true" title="Quicker Way to Access Scree..., but it has been moved to Cold Storage because it didn't get much interest.  (You may need to request access to https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/cold-storage in order to view it.)

Again, if you could provide some additional details for us, that would be helpful...thanks!

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting back to me so fast and please forgive my late reply to you! I managed to find video again. I am so happy for that.

Kind regards

Helena

Hi Helena & Chris, 

Can you please tell how you found the video on your local drive. I cannot access the old thread and I am suffering from the same problem. 

Best wishes,

Ates

Hello  @ates_gursimsek ...

When you use the link to that archived Feature Idea I posted back on March 5, 2020, you should be prompted to request access to the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/cold-storage space here in the Community.  Once you to that, someone will approve your access, and then you can access that content.  As it relates to the Studio video, you'll need to make sure that you are using the same computer where you originally were editing the video...as it is stored folders deep on your local hard drive...though I'm not sure of the exact location...which may be different on your computer vs. mine.

Thank you Chris. I got access to the thread and solved my problem. I thought it'd take some time to access the Cold Storage, but apparently they were quick enough to respond & authorize, which I appreciate

GarraCrews

I am having the same issue, but when I click the link to request access it says page not found.  I have recorded my video twice and cannot find it anywhere!  Thanks in advance!  🙂