cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waagbe
Community Member

Submitting separate grades for group assignments.

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone!

I have my classes doing some group assignments and, while I love that the speed grader can assign one grade to everyone in the group at once, is there any way to go back and give individual grades for a group assignment? I ask because I have two people in a group of five that I found out aren't contributing and I don't want to penalize the rest of the group for them not doing work and, at the same time, I don't feel they deserve full credit for the work their group members are doing.

Any suggestions for how to fix this? (I tried to enter grades individually in the grade book but it gave everyone the same grade).

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, waagbe​...

I was searching the Canvas Community, and I came across this discussion topic which I had participated in back in September which may be of help to you: Re: Assigning an Individual Grade in a Group Assignment.  Specifically, you might want to take a look at the response from  @lindalee  on September 14, 2015 @ 12:34 p.m.  I think this *may* help with your question.  If not, please come back here and let us know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, waagbe​...

I was searching the Canvas Community, and I came across this discussion topic which I had participated in back in September which may be of help to you: Re: Assigning an Individual Grade in a Group Assignment.  Specifically, you might want to take a look at the response from  @lindalee  on September 14, 2015 @ 12:34 p.m.  I think this *may* help with your question.  If not, please come back here and let us know.

View solution in original post

waagbe
Community Member

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to go back in and correct the

grades individually. Thanks again!

chastinec
Community Contributor

macaulayl​ I believe this is what you were looking for.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Anyone currently using group assignments in Canvas, or wanting to learn more, will want to check out the new CanvasLIVE "GROUPIES" series, kicking off this Tuesday, January 31, 2017 with GROUPIES: Group Assignments. RSVP “yes” if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.