Switching to Google SSO

Jump to solution
cshields
Community Explorer

Good afternoon!  When our Canvas instance was initially setup, student and teacher logins were set to a domain specific login (e.g. - cshields).  We have switched nearly every other service to Google SSO and are considering switching Canvas as well.  The Google email addresses are the same email addresses currently used by Canvas and are an extension of the current login (e.g.- cshields@***********.k12.in.us).  We currently have a number of parents connected as observers and many of them use the parent app.  Does anyone know if switching to the SSO would impact observer status and/or the parent app?  Would parents have to connect with their student again after the switch?  I found this article, which is close; but, isn't quite the same problem.

Best,

C.J.

1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Since those connections are already established, I would assume that those wouldn't change. To be super-confident, I would reach out to your CSM and ask them for some "proof". Moving any accounts around can be intimidating, and I'm sure your CSM would be able to make the process less stressful. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post