cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiyattaf
Community Member

Syllabus, calendar and assignments

Jump to solution

Hi, I have updated my syllabus into Canvas and am wondering if I can feed assignments and discussions automatically or do I have to manually create each one in the appropriate field.  Please advise.  

How do I get my calendar to update to include the assignments on the syllabus?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Wiyatta -

Canvas doesn' thave the ability to "read" an uploaded .pdf or .docx file. (Though, that would be amazing!)

Each time an item is added in Canvas, it is automatically listed at the bottom of the Syllabus page, the Assignment/Discussions/Quizzes list, and Gradebook. Additionally, the items with due dates are added to the calendar.

Here are a number of lessons that should help you:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12831-415255577?sr=search&searchId=0bc0a650-ce94-420f-8b45-... 

How do I create an assignment? 

How do I create a discussion as an instructor? 

How do I add an assignment from the Calendar? 
How do I add an event to my calendar as an instructor?

Please let the Community know if you have any follow-up questions. We'll do our best to troubleshoot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Wiyatta -

Canvas doesn' thave the ability to "read" an uploaded .pdf or .docx file. (Though, that would be amazing!)

Each time an item is added in Canvas, it is automatically listed at the bottom of the Syllabus page, the Assignment/Discussions/Quizzes list, and Gradebook. Additionally, the items with due dates are added to the calendar.

Here are a number of lessons that should help you:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12831-415255577?sr=search&searchId=0bc0a650-ce94-420f-8b45-... 

How do I create an assignment? 

How do I create a discussion as an instructor? 

How do I add an assignment from the Calendar? 
How do I add an event to my calendar as an instructor?

Please let the Community know if you have any follow-up questions. We'll do our best to troubleshoot.

View solution in original post

Thank you Kristine.

Wiyatta Fahnbulleh, PsyD

Adjunct Faculty

Applied Clinical Department

The Chicago School of Professional Psychology

wfahnbulleh@thechicagoschool.edu