cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcolburn
Community Member

Syllabus linking?

Jump to solution

How do I link my syllabus to a module or page?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rcolburn , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community! If by Syllabus you mean your literal syllabus file, then the following guides will help.

Add syllabus file to Module - How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items? 

Add syllabus file to Page - How do I insert course files into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector? 

Yet, if you have added your syllabus file or content to the Syllabus page in Canvas (link on left) and are trying to link it other places in your course then you can't link to it on Modules, but you can link to it on a Page. See the following guide for information on how to do this - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12985-415265828 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rcolburn , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community! If by Syllabus you mean your literal syllabus file, then the following guides will help.

Add syllabus file to Module - How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items? 

Add syllabus file to Page - How do I insert course files into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector? 

Yet, if you have added your syllabus file or content to the Syllabus page in Canvas (link on left) and are trying to link it other places in your course then you can't link to it on Modules, but you can link to it on a Page. See the following guide for information on how to do this - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12985-415265828 

Hope this helps!

Kona

wmodes
Community Member

Why?

" if you have added your syllabus file or content to the Syllabus page in Canvas (link on left) and are trying to link it other places in your course then you can't link to it on Modules"

Why not? The Syllabus page exists to combine syllabus information with a schedule of activities. And it is natural to put it at the top of the modules under say, "Course Information." So why can't it be linked or added to modules?

I totally agree, why not?!?!?

If you want to use the built in syllabus page (I am for the first time) but want the modules to be your home page (what I like) I think you should be able to insert a link.