Tableau Canvas Course?

Jump to solution
rgibson1
Community Champion

Colleagues, I watched the recording of this Tableau session that was delivered during InstructureCon (https://www.instructure.com/canvas/resources/instructurecon-2021/tableau-bring-data-literacy-to-you... but it wasn't clear to me how to request access to the Canvas course that Sue illustrated. (Since it was a recording, I can't access her links.) I joined the Tableau Educator Community, but I can't locate the course that we can import.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rgibson1 

Here are the full details of the Tableau course offerings from Sue Kraemer:

Tableau for Teaching
We offer four types of licenses through our Tableau for Teaching program:
Individual Instructor license keys which are valid for one year, and can be renewed each year instructors are using Tableau in your classes. If you are interested in a researcher key, you would apply for the individual instructor key. Once verified for an instructor license, you will also receive access to eLearning.
We provide lab licenses which stay valid for one year. This helps accommodate multiple classes learning Tableau in the same academic year.
Student bulk license keys stay valid for the length of a specific course, and have a specific number of activations tied to the key, based off of the number indicated on the online form. A key is sent along to the instructor who can pass it along to their students or post the key on their personal LMS. This key applies to both full-time and part-time students who may not be eligible for a Tableau for Students license each term.
We also provide Tableau Online sites which have 100 available seats to subscribe to your students and stay valid for one year. This helps make collaborating and sharing amongst your students easier and allows for web authoring.

Both licensing options are free to instructors and students. If you are a staff member, please let Tableau know and we can connect you to a member of our sales team.

Modularized Curriculum
We offer several curriculum modules, which can be edited and adjusted to fit the needs of specific courses. After you have requested your individual instructor license, join the Tableau for Teaching User Group page restricted to Tableau for Teaching Instructors. From there, request our complimentary ready-made curriculum!

Additional Resources
Tableau for Teaching User Group (request access)
Student Resource Page
Free Data Repository
Tableau for Students FAQ
Tableau for Teaching FAQ

Hope this helps, Rob.

View solution in original post