Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yaach
Community Member

Tabs API: Update tab call does not work

Hi All,

I've been trying to use the update tab course as follows:

https://mydomaincom/api/v1/courses/1861/tabs/grades/?access_token=dhfdbfahdfbahbfaf

I get a 422 error when I made the call. I am able to pull all the tabs for course 1861 but to update the course GRADES tab is not working!!!

BTW, I am posting with curl and passing hidden=true.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @yaach ​, and welcome to the Canvas Community! Due to the technical nature of this question I've shared it with the Canvas Developers​ group. If you'd like to join, simply click on the link to the group and then select Join Group from the Actions menu at the upper right of the page.

garth
Community Champion

@yaach ​ I have just tested this API call, and it worked just fine for me.

I was able to hide Grades, unhide Grades, and reposition Grades without issue.

Just to confirm, this is the API definition I am following

PUT /api/v1/courses/:course_id/tabs/:tab_id

One thing to note, if you "hide" grades it will still appear to the instructor in light grey text, it is not completely removed from the options.  Is this what you are seeing?  Have you viewed your result from the student perspective?

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@yaach ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie