Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akemp

Tagging Content

Jump to solution

I see that we can't search within a course ( ), but is there a way to tag content pages so we could just search for the tag we're interested in? For instance, in a geography course, we want to know where we discuss Cook Island. Instead of reading all the pages in the module where Cook Island could be located, we just search our tags. Is that a thing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akemp ​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since the middle of September.  sadpanda​  Smiley Sad  Unfortunately, I don't know of any ways to tag content in a course via the current user interface.  In searching the Canvas Community for Feature Ideas, I came across these three (now archived) ideas:

You could certainly re-submit this as a new Feature Idea to see if it gets more votes.  You never know, sometimes priorities change for people.  How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akemp ​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since the middle of September.  sadpanda​  Smiley Sad  Unfortunately, I don't know of any ways to tag content in a course via the current user interface.  In searching the Canvas Community for Feature Ideas, I came across these three (now archived) ideas:

You could certainly re-submit this as a new Feature Idea to see if it gets more votes.  You never know, sometimes priorities change for people.  How do I create a new feature idea?

snelson6

We are also looking for something like a tagging feature. I was SO surprised that the original idea only got 4 votes. I wonder if we built a stronger case for it, if it would pick up speed. This would be so helpful to us - we have to associate our curriculum to various state standards. This information is kept on random excel documents and is a hot mess. We would love to be able to tag a module to a state standard and then not have to worry that we wouldn't know where the information lived.

We are keen to support tagging content, and see an increasing numbr of uses. As well as helping with searching tags added by course designers, would be great for students to be able to tag content for themselves.