Taking over for another teacher... help!

Jump to solution
hjones2
Community Novice

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation as myself. My first day at a new position as an Intensive Learning Support Instructor was last Monday, March 16 (I know, right? What timing!!!) My school uses Canvas normally and now we are going to be using it even more. 

When my Canvas was activated last Wednesday, I somehow assumed that the former instructor's assignments for the year up to that point would be imported automatically. Unfortunately, they were not, and I am now being told by my school's IT department that her content has been lost forever and I am going to have to start from scratch. Is this really true??? It seems to me that there would be an archive somewhere! Has anyone ever faced this situation and successfully resolved it? Of course I can start building modules without seeing what they have done up to this point but I think especially with my caseload and their needs that I would like to be consistent with what the former teacher did, if at all possible. Thanks!

🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @heatherjones080  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

First, is your Canvas account managed by your school's IT Department? If so, they are incorrect.

A course and/or its content can be deleted, but it can also be recovered in at least two ways. Share these with your Canvas Admin......

Unless the course was deleted, the content of that course can be copied into your shell.

Be persistent in your inquiries of your admin.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes