cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martha_hiestand
Community Member

Teacher of some courses AND parent observer of their own child?

Jump to solution

I am a teacher, have a Canvas account and use it for the courses I teach. My son's elementary school teacher is starting to use Canvas in her classroom(in the same district/domain). My question is do I need a new account to be able to pair with my child and view his courses? Or can I somehow pair my existing teacher account? 

36 Replies
kholden1
Community Participant

Would love the workaround as well. Thank you.

mmerida
Community Member

Can I please have the workaround so I can assist my teachers observe their students?

I would also appreciate the workaround. Thanks!

Hi @MrsDuffyDATA -- Yes, you'd need to set up a separate Canvas Account using your personal email that you'd then use for your Observer role.

If you'd like to keep your teacher role separate from the observer role (yet not sign in and out), you may like Chrome profiles. Share Chrome with others - Computer - Google Chrome Help

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! Because of the popularity of this thread, I created an Idea Conversation: Teacher and Observer (Dual Role Account) - Canvas Community. Feel free to rate the idea and add to the discussion. 😎

lhenson
Community Contributor

@klundstrum Can you send me the work around as well? I have some teachers with students asking for this.

For everyone participating in this discussion, our Customer Success team has provided the teacher-parent/observer solution to the local Canvas admins for your schools. Please direct future requests for assistance to the Canvas admin or eLearning department in your organization, who can in turn work with their customer success management team.

We've locked comments on this thread as this is now the accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos