cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cholling
Community Champion

Teachers in Collaborations

Jump to solution

I had always assumed that Instructors were able to view and access any course component without intervention from students -- for example, entering a group home page and seeing the collaboration that is occurring within that group. My faculty is interested in asking students to use the collaborations tool to jointly create a document. We have found though that the student author/owner must invite the instructor to join the collaboration before it can be viewed. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

cholling, I'm using it collaboration with my students and while I can see the link to all of the Collaborations, students have to add me if I want to access them through collaborations.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

cholling, I'm using it collaboration with my students and while I can see the link to all of the Collaborations, students have to add me if I want to access them through collaborations.

sinman

One workaround would be to create the collaborations and then direct students to use those docs instead of creating their own. As the owner of the doc, you would be able to access everything.