The Quiz submitted by itself

Jump to solution
hai
Community Member

Hi guys,

Some of the students came down and report to me this issue as the Assignment that they were doing just submitted by itself even though they have not hit the submit button yet. I double-checked the "due date" and the "available until date" to see if that the reason for this, but when I checked them, the quiz "due date" and the "available until date" is still 1 week away. Furthermore, there is no Time Limit on the quiz so I'm not sure what the reason to cause this.

Another issue is after the students submitted the Assignment and the Trainer add some comments on their answers. Some of the students' answers got wiped out.

I create these assignments as Quizzes. With the 1st assignment, there was no issue, but now this issue just suddenly appears on the second assignment. So does anyone knows what's the problem here? And how to prevent it for the later assignments?

Kind regards,

Hai Tran

1 Solution
hai
Community Member

Hi Bobby,

Apologies for never reply back to you.

I think I found the problem.

So let say for assignment A, we put the due date for 29/06/2020 at midnight for example, but then the trainer realize that the student won't have enough time to finish it so the trainer change the due date to next week 06/07/2020. BUT, if the student already take the assignment before the Trainer extent the due date, then at midnight 29/06/2020 the assignment still automatically submit it.

So in conclusion, if the students are already take the assignment, even if the trainer extent the due date later, the initial due date won't change.

I was having a lot of complains from the students but I just couldn't find any relevant information online so I did a few testing and found out this is the case.

Hope it will be helpful for you if you encounter any similar cases

View solution in original post

0 Likes