cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weston_green
Community Member

The grade for one of my classes shows up as N/A even though I've completed assignments and gotten grades.

Jump to solution

At the beginning of this semester, I noticed that one of my two classes that use canvas didn't show a cumulative grade for the class (the one on the left in the first screenshot) and it just shows N/A. I thought it might have just been because of a new semester and things being glitchy so I let it slide. Now 4 months later it still hasn't shown any sort of cumulative grade (even in the grades section of the course--second screenshot). I'm a little concerned about this now with finals coming up soon so I'd really like to get this figured out.

Thanks in advance! :smileygrin:

313299_Screenshot_20190513-164643.png313300_Screenshot_20190513-165149.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Weston - That's a really good question. Generally, students see the N/A on their Canvas Student dashboard cards when there isn't anything graded in their course. From your screenshot, you clearly have items that have been graded/scored. I wonder if your instructor has elected to not have those items be counted in your final score for some reason. ...What do you see when you click "View Grades" on a browser instead of the app? (You can find the "View Grades" button in the lower, right-hand corner of the dashboard.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Weston - That's a really good question. Generally, students see the N/A on their Canvas Student dashboard cards when there isn't anything graded in their course. From your screenshot, you clearly have items that have been graded/scored. I wonder if your instructor has elected to not have those items be counted in your final score for some reason. ...What do you see when you click "View Grades" on a browser instead of the app? (You can find the "View Grades" button in the lower, right-hand corner of the dashboard.)

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply! I checked that out and it says "no grade", and my other course gives the grade percentage. I'm thinking I might contact my instructor. Smiley Happy