The wrong turnitin submission is connected to Canvas. How can I fix this?

ratcliffeg
Community Novice
My TA and I are grading papers. The TA grades certain components of the paper and then I go through and grade the remaining components. This morning, I noticed that all of the papers my TA graded lacked any comments in the Turnitin feedback studio (even though the TA indicated that comments were included). Upon further examination, I went to Turnitin and noticed that a duplicate submission was created (in Turnitin) on the day that it was graded. This was the case for every paper that was graded. The problem is that the student only made one submission in Canvas, so this shouldn't be happening. Furthermore, when the student clicks on the similarity report in Canvas (to access the Turnitin Feedback Studio), it takes them to the newly created submission which has zero instructor feedback. There is no way for students to directly access the correct submission via Canvas. I understand this may be a Turnitin issue, but I am looking for any ideas regarding why this is happening and what I can do to fix it. Help?

0 Likes