cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s3767025
Community Member

Time span between adding a course and accessing it on CANVAS

Jump to solution

I am doing a Post Graduate diploma in Mental Health Nursing.  I have just dropped a couple of courses(Units) and added 1 (Foundations of MH nursing). My question is, how long does it take for the one that I added to come up on CANVAS (LMS)  - for me to start accessing learning material?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @s3767025  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Each school handles adds/drops of enrollments in Canvas courses differently.  Some schools have an automatic process that runs several times a day to process enrollments.  Some smaller schools may handle enrollments manually or let the individual instructor deal with enrollments.  It really depends upon the school.  I would recommend that you reach out either to your instructor (How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌) or a local Canvas administrator at your school who should be able to tell you when your course(s) will show up in your Canvas account.  Also, just to double check...if you sign in to Canvas and go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen, do you see the courses you are looking for listed there?  If not, you will want to reach out to someone at your school.  If you do see the course but it is not "published" yet, then your instructor will need to "publish" the course for you and your classmates so that you can begin working in the course.  I hope this helps, Willmore.  Please let us know if you have additional questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @s3767025  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Each school handles adds/drops of enrollments in Canvas courses differently.  Some schools have an automatic process that runs several times a day to process enrollments.  Some smaller schools may handle enrollments manually or let the individual instructor deal with enrollments.  It really depends upon the school.  I would recommend that you reach out either to your instructor (How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌) or a local Canvas administrator at your school who should be able to tell you when your course(s) will show up in your Canvas account.  Also, just to double check...if you sign in to Canvas and go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen, do you see the courses you are looking for listed there?  If not, you will want to reach out to someone at your school.  If you do see the course but it is not "published" yet, then your instructor will need to "publish" the course for you and your classmates so that you can begin working in the course.  I hope this helps, Willmore.  Please let us know if you have additional questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post