To Do List

Jump to solution
wags117
Community Member

Is there a guide that explicitly explains what does and doesn't go on the To Do list?  It is a great tool, but I don't want to assume something is there and then it isn't.  If there is no guide, can someone weigh in on my list below for accuracy?

On To Do List Automatically

1. All assignments with a due date (graded or ungraded)
  2. All Quizzes with a due date (graded or ungraded) in Classic Quizzes
  3. Events placed on the Calendar

Option for To Do List

1. Discussions
  2. Pages
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @wags117 

Are you asking as a student or a teacher, because the To-Do lists are roll-specific?

For Teachers:

• Course Level: "The sidebar always shows the To Do section [1], which shows all items that require grading in Canvas, regardless of due date. Each item in the To Do list displays the assignment name, the number of points, and the due date for the assignment. Some assignments may display multiple due dates. Items remain in this section for four weeks. However, assignments that are not graded or do not require an online submission only display until the due date."
  • Global Level: "The To Do section shows all items that require grading in Canvas, regardless of due date [1]. Each item in the To Do list displays the assignment name, the course name, the number of points, and the due date for the assignment. Some assignments may display multiple due dates."

For Students:

• Course Level: "The To Do section shows all recent announcements and up to seven assignments that are due in the upcoming weeks, including ungraded quizzes and assignments that do not require a submission. Each item in the To Do list displays the assignment name, the number of points, and the due date for the assignment. Once the due date has passed, items remain in this section for four weeks."
  • Global Level: "The To Do section shows up to seven items with due dates or event dates in the upcoming weeks, including ungraded quizzes, assignments that do not require a Canvas submission, and course announcements. Each item in the To Do list displays the assignment name, the course name, the number of points, and the due date for the assignment. Once the due date has passed, items remain in this section for four weeks." Additionally, "You can create to-do items that display in the List View Dashboard agenda. When you create a to-do item, the new item displays your profile picture to differentiate it from other to-do list items. Any to-do item you create also displays in the Course Card Dashboard View sidebar and Global Activity Stream Dashboard sidebar. This guide will show you how:

How do I add a to-do item in the List View Dashboard as a student?

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post