cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guttenpa8978
Community Member

To Do Lists aren't up to date

Jump to solution

When on the home screen for my courses, none of the to-do lists are updating. They keep showing stuff from weeks past and when i try to close them out by clicking the X nothing happens.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

We were having issues with the To Do list and got the following reply from Canvas Support:

The issue with To Do items showing from past assignments was related to a recent bug we fixed. You shouldn't see it happen with any future items. I refreshed your account and the previous items should be gone. If you see any other past To Do items after 9/18 please let us know and send us a link to the item.

Based on this information, if you are still experiencing this on your campus, then I'd definitely turn it in to Canvas Support. If you have already and haven't heard anything back, then I'd double-check the status of your ticket. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gina_Hutchens
Community Participant

We are seeing this happen in our county as well.  I just placed a ticket today.  I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Same here started on the 20th also, just bam and no updates or show all button. Its getting very old with no reply

Volusia County Florida

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

We were having issues with the To Do list and got the following reply from Canvas Support:

The issue with To Do items showing from past assignments was related to a recent bug we fixed. You shouldn't see it happen with any future items. I refreshed your account and the previous items should be gone. If you see any other past To Do items after 9/18 please let us know and send us a link to the item.

Based on this information, if you are still experiencing this on your campus, then I'd definitely turn it in to Canvas Support. If you have already and haven't heard anything back, then I'd double-check the status of your ticket. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post