To do List

Jump to solution
MGiosia
Community Novice

Hello, 

I wanted to better understand the to-do list in the student app. 
With how some classes are structured, the work isn't complete when a discussion or assignment is turned in. This means items on the to-do list vanish even if I've not completed everything I need to do. 

An instance is discussion-based assignments. Professors are fond of these, and typically, you have to make a post and then reply to two other classmates. The issue occurs when I post that the assignment is marked complete. While I have submitted something.  I'm not done. I still need to reply to other people but might be unable to at the time of my original post. This can cause me to forget that I still need to work on some assignments since they are no longer on the to-do list.  
So is there a way to add assignments back to the to-do list, or can we add assignments with far-out dates to the to-do list for better tracking for students? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@MGiosia -

Here is the student guide page for how to add an item to the to-do list

In order to see the view they show, you have to be in list view.  

Here is the student guide on how to use the to-do list which shows how to get to the list view

The item you add will be on your calendar and it is supposed to show up in the dashboard card view as well, but I am not sure if that is the case.

Ron

View solution in original post

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@MGiosia -

I am not sure if this will do what you want (I have not tested it out), but if you use chrome or firefox, try the extension/add-on called "Tasks for Canvas" that gives you a different look to the to-do list and it may or may not resolve your discussion issue - my guess is that it won't help.

On the good side, this extension makes it very easy to add your own assignment reminder to the list.  You will have to decide what setting you want for your to-do list: see only assignments due today, during the week, or during the month - change that value in settings.

Ron

View solution in original post