cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klkern
Community Member

Too many courses

Jump to solution

I have too many courses.  The order is not logical, how can I sort by term or class?  Can I put past courses into a folder so I don't have pages of courses to go through?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @klkern ​...

While there isn't really a built-in way to sort your courses, you can mark courses as "favorites" with a star so that only those courses show up on your Canvas Dashboard.  How do I customize my Courses list?  Also, I'm not sure if any of your local Canvas admins are aware of this, but there is some custom Javascript code that they could add which allows all users to move the Course Cards around on the Dashboard.  But, you would need to talk with your Canvas admin about that to see if this is something they would want to allow at your school.

The other thing you *could* do is mark each of your courses as a "Favorite" using the built-in tool in your web browser.  Then, you could easily navigate to each course by going to your browser's "Favorites" menu.  However, you would need to re-create "Favorite" links each new semester for those courses you were taking / teaching.

I hope this helps, Kathy!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @klkern ​...

While there isn't really a built-in way to sort your courses, you can mark courses as "favorites" with a star so that only those courses show up on your Canvas Dashboard.  How do I customize my Courses list?  Also, I'm not sure if any of your local Canvas admins are aware of this, but there is some custom Javascript code that they could add which allows all users to move the Course Cards around on the Dashboard.  But, you would need to talk with your Canvas admin about that to see if this is something they would want to allow at your school.

The other thing you *could* do is mark each of your courses as a "Favorite" using the built-in tool in your web browser.  Then, you could easily navigate to each course by going to your browser's "Favorites" menu.  However, you would need to re-create "Favorite" links each new semester for those courses you were taking / teaching.

I hope this helps, Kathy!

View solution in original post