Tool to submit class exerises

Jump to solution
gordon_farrer
Community Novice
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to allow students to submit class exercises instead of using email. (I'm finding students don't use the suggested subject line to make the emails easier to find, and because I'm in two similar courses it's easy to lose track of who has submitted what.)
What is the best Canvas tool for student submissions of class work? I'd like to set up a space for submissions but I don't want students to be able to see each others' work. I think students shouldn't have their efforts and critical feedback visible.
The platform/tool would allow for submissions and direct feedback from the teacher.
These exercises will not be marked so I don't want to create them as Assignments.
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Gordon -

Even though you won't be grading the submissions, the most secure and straightforward way for you to collect the items would be to use Canvas Assignments. At the top, you could provide instructions, and in the assignment settings, you can have the submission type be a file upload or URL. There's even a place to have points (in your case, 0) and have it displayed as complete/incomplete so you and your students are able to monitor progress.

I know the term Assignment may not align with your pedagogical goal, but I think explaining to your students how you plan to use the tool would clear up any confusion regarding expectations.

View solution in original post

0 Likes