Tracking individual logins and upload attempts

Jump to solution
bdaubert
Community Novice

How do I monitor login and logoff times and submission atempts? Studnets tell me they worked on submitting but get an error?

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello Beth,

Your administrator can check the logs to see a students login/logout times and page accesses.  I am the admin at my school, and have instructors ask me to verify on a regular basis whether a student was logged in when they claim they were logged in\, or whether there's a record of the student attempting to submit an assignment.

Instructors don't have direct access to those logs, but they do have course access report and some course analytic data for students.  The access report will tell you if a student has ever accessed a particular assignment as well as other parts of the course, and the analytics will give you dates when the student accessed different parts of the course and made submissions.  Neither will tell you specifically about submission attempts that failed, but if there's no record of the student even being in the course or going into the assignment, there's a good chance that they didn't attempt to submit it when they say they did.

There's more information on those reports athttps://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10162-415241458 and How do I view analytics for a student in a course? 

Mike

View solution in original post