Transferring course material from University Canvas to FFT: how to transfer individual modules?

lcceriel
Community Novice

I am leaving an institution and would like to retain my course material in my FFT account. I have attempted to export from the university canvas and import into my FFT account, but the course is too large -

I have reduced the course size by removing all large files, but it still remains over the 250 MB limit. I attempted to condense the export into a zip file to be unzipped in FFT, but the only way I could find to do that was through selections made in Files, which deconstructed the modules. I then attempted to share individual modules to Commons, thinking to import them and rebuild the course in multiple parts in FFT, but I am limited to the option to share only with members of my university or privately.

Is there a way to export modules intact so they can be imported into a FFT account that is independent of the university community? Is there a better way to accomplish my end goal, which is to transfer my (over 500 MB) course from a university account to a FFT account, preserving the integrity of the modules in the course? 

Thank you!!

0 Likes