Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okashar
Community Member

Treat Ungraded as 0 Option in Gradebook

Jump to solution

Hello,

I mistakenly clicked on the "Treat Ungraded as 0" option in the individual gradebook options and I haven't been able to reverse it. Unchecking the box and navigating to another page does not fix the problem. I do not like the view of the gradebook when this option is clicked, any way of reversing this or is it a bug with Canvas? I'd appreciate any help!

Raafat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @okashar  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Yes, that setting absolutely should be able to be turned off, as indicated in the online lesson: How do I treat ungraded assignments as zero in the Gradebook?   I just now tried that now in a few sample classes, and was able to turn it off just fine and see the results immediately.   You may want to just double-check that your browser is updated to the latest version (more here:  Which browsers does Canvas support? ) or even try a different browser altogether to see if that makes a difference.  As you said, if navigating to another page does not solve it, you may want to clear the cache on the browser, which often solves issues of this sort.  Details on the doing the latter is shown here: How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? and here: How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? 

I hope this helps a bit, Raafat!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @okashar  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Yes, that setting absolutely should be able to be turned off, as indicated in the online lesson: How do I treat ungraded assignments as zero in the Gradebook?   I just now tried that now in a few sample classes, and was able to turn it off just fine and see the results immediately.   You may want to just double-check that your browser is updated to the latest version (more here:  Which browsers does Canvas support? ) or even try a different browser altogether to see if that makes a difference.  As you said, if navigating to another page does not solve it, you may want to clear the cache on the browser, which often solves issues of this sort.  Details on the doing the latter is shown here: How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? and here: How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? 

I hope this helps a bit, Raafat!

View solution in original post

okashar
Community Member

Thank you, Ken! Clearing the browser cache fixed the issue. I appreciate your help.

Raafat