Trying to complete first assignment

Jump to solution
BarbaraKinney
Community Member

Hello,

I'm not sure how to get started on the first assignment for my Canvas Certification course. How do I get to a "sandbox" and canvas shell?

Also, is there a way to save where you are in the online course. It seems I have to start all over every time.

All these questions pertain to the class I'm enrolled in, not canvas questions.

Thank you, if anyone can help me.

Barbara Kinney

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@BarbaraKinney  As you've noted, these aren't questions about using Canvas (is it the Certified Canvas Educator program?) so the instructions are specific to the course; most of our members won't be able to provide answers to these questions. Do you have a provision to send messages to the facilitator of the program through the Canvas Inbox? That's the best way to get course-specific answers.

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @BarbaraKinney 

The term "Sandbox" refers to an empty Canvas classroom (a shell) that you are enrolled in as a teacher (so that you can build and edit content) where you will practice what you have learned in the training course. A "Sandbox" is usually labeled with your name, like "BKinney Sandbox", or "BKinney Practice Shell", or something along those lines.

Were you also sent a link to the Canvas instance where your training will happen, and were you given a password to use when you get there? If so, then navigate to that site, and use your password to login. That's the first step to getting started. If you weren't sent those things, then you need to contact the training provider.

Once you have log into Canvas, these guides will help you get started...............

Finally, there is likely not a tool available to mark where you left off in your Canvas course, that is up to you to remember. There are lots of ways to set up courses in Canvas, so not very easy to help you with specifics.

• When you first enter a Canvas course, you are on what is called the course "Home Page",
  • You use the left-side course navigation menu to move around in the course,
  • If your course is set up well, you will find your content under Modules, just click on Modules and scroll down to the next lesson or activity.

If you have further, more specific Canvas questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

For course-specific questions, be sure to ask your instructor.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post