Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djohnson2

Turnitin.com - Grademark clipboards

Jump to solution

Hi! I'm just starting a Canvas course with Turnitin integrated.  In the past I had an instructor account at Turnitin.com, so when I created clipboards they remained as part of my account and I could use them across different classes and different terms.

Two questions:

1/ If a Turnitin is integrated into Canvas, I'm assuming the account goes with the college/course, not the instructor -- therefore it won't save my personal clipboards.  Is that correct?

2/ Is there a way to import clipboards so I don't have to re-create the wheel every time I teach a class?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhulsey
Community Champion

HI, Dan And Chris. Yes, if your school is using the LTI tool, Quickmarks, rubrics, etc. persist across courses, and as long as the email on your preexisting Turnitin account is also the email on your Canvas account, your Turnitin assets should show up in the LTI tool in Canvas ready for use.

On the other hand, if the emails are different or if your school is still using the older API tool, you can still import/export Quickmarks and rubrics. Here is a tutorial:  Export/Import Quickmark sets - eLearning - The University of Queensland, Australia.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@djohnson2 ​...

While I don't have an answer for you, I'm going to bring  @dhulsey ​ into the conversation. He is my "go to" guy for all things Turnitin and Canvas.  He also has a really awesome blog posting over in the Instructional Designers group (if you're not a member of that group, consider joining) called Canvas and Turnitin that you might want to check out.  While I don't believe it addresses your question, his blog has some really great information and lots of discussion below it.

Thank you! The blog you mentioned actually does indicate that Grademark clipboards persist across courses -- good news!

Dan Johnson

Ah!  I must have missed that part (and I've read his blog a few times....ha!)

dhulsey
Community Champion

HI, Dan And Chris. Yes, if your school is using the LTI tool, Quickmarks, rubrics, etc. persist across courses, and as long as the email on your preexisting Turnitin account is also the email on your Canvas account, your Turnitin assets should show up in the LTI tool in Canvas ready for use.

On the other hand, if the emails are different or if your school is still using the older API tool, you can still import/export Quickmarks and rubrics. Here is a tutorial:  Export/Import Quickmark sets - eLearning - The University of Queensland, Australia.

Excellent! Thank you - that was just the information I needed!

Dan