cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmeleasee
Community Participant

Turnitin does not seem to run for subsequent submissions

Jump to solution

I allow students to submit papers multiple times. Sometimes, if they misread instructions or wrote haphazardly, i'd ask them to redo and resubmit. Turnitin is activated. It seems though that only the first submission runs through turnitin 😞 

what i see is the following when i toggle between submissions

• First submission - will have that green or blue tab that will show turnitin results.
  • second or third - none.

So... it means that the subsequent submissions did not run through correct?

QUESTIONS 

• how do i run turnitin for the 2nd or 3rd submissions?
  • or is there a workaround yet for instructors to run something through turnitin?
    • no, my university no longer has access to the webportal
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
carmeleasee
Community Participant

Thank you! on my end,  i don't have the drop down. screenshot contains everything i can do as a faculty. instead of dropdowns, i only have tick boxes.

tried to check app settings as well and i'm not allowed to change anything heeheehee. 

i'll bump up the concern to our canvas administrator. 

many many thanks for the prompt response! 💚

--carmelea

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.17.00 AM.png

View solution in original post

Maryna_Dibrova
Community Participant

Hi@carmeleasee,

It’s Maryna, Community Manager from Turnitin. Were you able to solve the issue with your Canvas administrator? 

I guess our Support Team could be of great benefit to you. They can provide you with a prompt recommendation and advice on how to solve the issue.

If you use Turnitin via Canvas Plagiarism Framework, you can check more information about various features HERE.

Please visit our new help center to find answers to your question: https://supportcenter.turnitin.com/s/. If you’re still having issues, please email us at tiisupport@turnitin.com.

Our team will be glad to assist you.

8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @carmeleasee ...

I am assuming that you have Turnitin integrated into your school's Canvas environment.  Within the Turnitin interface, do you have your assignment configured to accept re-submissions?  If you are using the LTI integration, the option to accept re-submissions is under the "Similarity Report" heading...as shown here:

Turnitin_SimilarityReport.jpg

I'll also tag @dhulsey in my reply in case he has any other feedback to offer.  Dallas knows quite a bit more about Turnitin than I do, so he may have some additional insights for you.

Take care...be well. 

carmeleasee
Community Participant

Thank you! on my end,  i don't have the drop down. screenshot contains everything i can do as a faculty. instead of dropdowns, i only have tick boxes.

tried to check app settings as well and i'm not allowed to change anything heeheehee. 

i'll bump up the concern to our canvas administrator. 

many many thanks for the prompt response! 💚

--carmelea

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.17.00 AM.png

Hello @carmeleasee ...

Thanks for sharing that screenshot.  It looks like you are using the other Turnitin interface within Canvas.  The interface we have utilizes the LTI app, so I do not have similar screens compared to what you shared.  I hope that you'll be able to get things figured out on your end.

rdudley
Community Participant

We have also noticed this behaviour although for the past 24 hours or so, the inability to generate a similarity report is also happening for first time submissions.

Did you hear anything back from Canvas or Turnitin as to what may be causing this issue?

Maryna_Dibrova
Community Participant

Hi@carmeleasee,

It’s Maryna, Community Manager from Turnitin. Were you able to solve the issue with your Canvas administrator? 

I guess our Support Team could be of great benefit to you. They can provide you with a prompt recommendation and advice on how to solve the issue.

If you use Turnitin via Canvas Plagiarism Framework, you can check more information about various features HERE.

Please visit our new help center to find answers to your question: https://supportcenter.turnitin.com/s/. If you’re still having issues, please email us at tiisupport@turnitin.com.

Our team will be glad to assist you.

Maryna_Dibrova
Community Participant

Hi rdudley,

I am sorry you faced issues getting a report. Most likely your submission was affected by a drop in submission events via Canvas Plagiarism Framework integration to Turnitin. As a result, there were delays in report generation until the submissions were resent to Turnitin.

Please let me know whether you managed to solve the issue and get a report. If you still face issues, I would recommend raising a ticket with your Canvas administrator and asking them to resend the submission to Turnitin. 

Moreover, you can also subscribe to the deploy notes page, changelog page, or known issues page to be notified of any possible and known issues.

You are welcome to message me if you have any other questions.

thank you. yes, the library and turnitin team has resolved this issue

I am glad to read that 🙂 You are always welcome to contact us. We will do our best to assist you.