cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlande1
Community Member

Turnitin locks me out of resubmitting a file

Jump to solution

We have recently had Turnitin enabled for an assignment so we can evaluate our work. However, after submitting my rough draft for review I am unable to resubmit again. Is this an issue with Turnitin, or would the professor have to enable the ability to resubmit to the same file?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wlande1 .  Being able to resubmit is an option that an instructor must set in the TurnItIn settings panel.  I found this information on the TurnItIn website (Resubmiting a paper) that describes the situation from a student's perspective.

" Some assignments may allow students the ability to overwrite their previous submissions until an assignment's due date. This option is activated by an instructor on an assignment-by-assignment basis. If resubmissions are not enabled, your instructor must manually delete your previous submission to allow you user to submit your second file.

If resubmissions have been enabled or an instructor has deleted your first submission, resubmitting a paper is handled in an identical manner as a first-time submission."

I hope this information helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wlande1 .  Being able to resubmit is an option that an instructor must set in the TurnItIn settings panel.  I found this information on the TurnItIn website (Resubmiting a paper) that describes the situation from a student's perspective.

" Some assignments may allow students the ability to overwrite their previous submissions until an assignment's due date. This option is activated by an instructor on an assignment-by-assignment basis. If resubmissions are not enabled, your instructor must manually delete your previous submission to allow you user to submit your second file.

If resubmissions have been enabled or an instructor has deleted your first submission, resubmitting a paper is handled in an identical manner as a first-time submission."

I hope this information helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post