cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberrol
Community Participant

Twitter Feed on Login Page

Hello, All, 

I am well-versed with editing Themes, adding images, and changing color schemes on the main login page for Canvas. My institution is Log In to Canvas . This page is prime real estate and would like to use it for more than just static images. Does anyone know of a hack, product request, or other that allows the embed of a Twitter feed? 

Thanks. 

R

0 Kudos
3 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Royce ~

I miss Twitter's HTML embed option. I know that was two years ago...I wish it would come back.

I have had success with TAGS. It takes some configuration and patience, but it definitely works. 

https://tags.hawksey.info/get-tags/

TAGS Widget - Setup 

There are a couple of "gotchas" with adding the extension to the Google Sheet and setting the permissions so the spreadsheet communicates to the widget. Follow the directions on the TAGS pages, and you'll get there! If you get started and have any follow-up questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to help. Smiley Happy

roberrol
Community Participant

Hello,  @klundstrum ‌, 

Thanks for the idea. Have you seen this used with the Canvas Log In page? If so, where? R

I haven't seen it included in the Canvas Log-In page, no. ...just pages. Smiley Happy