Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macslm
Community Member

Typing directly onto assignment forms in coursework and submitting work

Jump to solution

2 questions:

• How do I type directly onto the assignment forms contained in the course work?
  • How do I submit a word document to instructor. (Since I could not type directly onto form in course, I typed it in Word.

(I am supposed to submit to NSU Child and Family Network)

There is no SUBMIT HERE box to click anywhere within the course pages.

I have been reading the Canvas guide and cannot find any answers to assist me. I am on a time crunch and I have two more courses after this one for re-certificaion. Starting to get a bit anxious! Thanking you in advance for guidance and directions.

Sandra Doland

macslm@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @macslm  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for posting your question.  (And a quick side note...that's a great last name.  My dad grew up in the tiny town of Doland, SD.)  Let's see if we can answer some of your questions...

How do I type directly onto the assignment forms contained in the course work?

Unfortunately, this might be a bit hard to answer here in the Community.  The vast majority of Community users don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  So, I think the best option for you in this case is to contact your instructor directly.  You can find out how to do this by checking out this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

How do I submit a word document to instructor?

Here are a few resources for you:

How do I submit an online assignment? 

The above Guides assume that your instructor has properly set up the assignment to accept file submissions.  As you look through the Guide on how to submit an online assignment, if you do not see options to submit a file to your instructor, I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor directly because he/she may need to modify some assignment settings on his/her end.  There aren't any assignment settings you'd be able to change on your end to change how you could submit the assignment.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Sandra.  Please sing out if you have any additional questions.  Hope to see you around here in the Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @macslm  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for posting your question.  (And a quick side note...that's a great last name.  My dad grew up in the tiny town of Doland, SD.)  Let's see if we can answer some of your questions...

How do I type directly onto the assignment forms contained in the course work?

Unfortunately, this might be a bit hard to answer here in the Community.  The vast majority of Community users don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  So, I think the best option for you in this case is to contact your instructor directly.  You can find out how to do this by checking out this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

How do I submit a word document to instructor?

Here are a few resources for you:

How do I submit an online assignment? 

The above Guides assume that your instructor has properly set up the assignment to accept file submissions.  As you look through the Guide on how to submit an online assignment, if you do not see options to submit a file to your instructor, I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor directly because he/she may need to modify some assignment settings on his/her end.  There aren't any assignment settings you'd be able to change on your end to change how you could submit the assignment.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Sandra.  Please sing out if you have any additional questions.  Hope to see you around here in the Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos