cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarkbra
Community Participant

Unable to Add Images to Quizzes/Discussions Ect.

Previously, when I wanted to add an image to an assignment I could click the image tab on the right, click browse, select the image and then click upload.  The upload button is gone.   Instead there is a drop down where you are supposed to select a folder, but there are no folders to select.  You click on the drop down and it is just blank.   I found a work around:  go to files, upload the image, then go back to the assignment and add the image.   When will the upload button be back?

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @clarkbra ‌

I am testing this in my sandbox, and I see the "Upload new image" link

257077_pastedImage_1.png

After I browsed for the image and selected it, I also got the "Upload" button......

257099_pastedImage_2.png

I suspect it may be a browser issue. Is your browser current? Are you avoiding Edge like the plague?

If not browser, then I would suggest submitting a support ticket.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

clarkbra
Community Participant

Thank you for checking!  I just tried again and discovered another detail.   The upload button is only missing the first time I open the quiz (assignment, discussion ect.).  If I save it and then click edit again the upload button re-appears. 

I would submit a support ticket.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @clarkbra ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular topic since  @kmeeusen 's comment on October 17, 2017 where he suggested contacting the Help Desk at Instructure.  Have you had a chance to do that?  If so, what was the outcome of that conversation with Support?  Would you be willing to share what you've learned?  Or, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know that as well.  I'm going to go ahead and mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not had any new activity in this thread for almost four months, but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Brandi.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.