Unable to access certain features on Canvas

Jump to solution
zendejas11
Community Novice

I have been using my mac for the past year, just this week I am unable to click on HOME, Dashboard and Courses do not load anymore, I am unable to submit assignments. Anything I can do? I am wondering if it is because I downloaded the newest Chrome? 

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@zendejas11 ,

Welcome to the Canvas Community! 

It sounds like you may be using an older version of Safari on your Mac.  First, please check the version of Safari you're using (by clicking on Safari at the upper left and then About Safari) to ensure that you're using Safari 11 or 12. If you're not, you'll need to update your browser to the latest version.

If you're already on the latest version of Safari, clear the cache and cookies in the Safari browser, close and then relaunch the browser.

Last, try switching to a different browser. Canvas works quite well on a Mac through Chrome, and Firefox works well also. Here's a list of supported browsers:  Which browsers does Canvas support? 

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, please contact Canvas Support. General instructions are in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? but your school's support setup might vary somewhat, in which case ask your local IT Department for additional troubleshooting assistance.

Robbie

View solution in original post