Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikendall

Unable to log in as instructor

Jump to solution

User account for instructor created 2 years ago; he has been active in courses since that time.

Today, he received this message. But he does have an account. He has current courses, so I do not want to delete his account, or do I?

Inline image 1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for checking.Yes, the problem was resolved. Our Tech department

re-installed Canvas and that fixed the problem.

Ina Kendall

Mentorships and Testing - Academic Affairs

View solution in original post

8 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

The image is broken.  Can you describe the error?

The most common time this issue occurs with our users is when they go to canvas.instructure.com instead of schoolname.instructure.com

Thank you -- The message says: FAILED TO LOGIN. Canvas does not have an

account for user: mspino@ussa.edu.

abunag
Community Champion

are you the admin for your school's instance of Canvas?  If so, you should be able to verify if there still is an account for the user.  If there was an account, but there isn't one anymore, then it's possible the account was created then deactivated by the SIS feed.  Otherwise i'm back to the theory that the user wasn't actually on the correct site.

Yes I am an admin and his account has been active for 2 years as an

instructor. All was fine up until this morning.

We will check to make sure he was on the correct site. Thanks!

abunag
Community Champion

may also want to check what recently changed.  maybe they are not trying to access canvas from a new computer, or an app.  that can help isolate the issue.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, ikendall...

I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic since May 31st, and I wanted to check in with you.  Based on the help you've received from  @abunag ‌, have you had an opportunity to see if your instructor was using the correct Canvas website to log in?  If so, did that solve the issue?  Or, are you still needing some assistance with this issue?  If you could please come back to this posting to provide an update, that would be great.  Also, if one of Anthony's responses has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you for checking.Yes, the problem was resolved. Our Tech department

re-installed Canvas and that fixed the problem.

Ina Kendall

Mentorships and Testing - Academic Affairs